Head of Healthcare- HMP Bedford
- Prison Healthcare Manager
- Permanent: None
- Full time - 37.5 hours per week (Monday - Friday excluding weekends, bank holidays and nights)
- Healthcare, HMP Bedford
- £47,126 - £53,219 pa pro rata
- 08/12/2021 23:59
Band 8a Head of Healthcare at HMP Bedford
Northamptonshire Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust (NHFT) is pleased to announce an opportunity to apply for the position of Head of Healthcare at HMP Bedford. This is a busy local remand prison housing up to 400 men, situated in the town of Bedford with good road and rail links.
The Head of Healthcare at HMP Bedford will oversee all aspects of the healthcare service including the primary care, substance misuse and mental health teams, GP provision and subcontracted services comprising of dental, optical, physio, podiatry, psychosocial and pharmacy.
We are looking for an experienced senior manager with an innovative and enthusiastic approach to service improvement and development. You will be a registered nurse (or hold an equivalent healthcare qualification) or be an experienced manager with robust operational experience.
Ideally you will have experience in a secured setting, although this is not essential. You will provide day to day management and leadership to an established clinical team and oversight of multi-agency working with a wide range of stakeholders.
Key responsibilities include:
- Ensuring the highest standards of healthcare are maintained through robust quality assurance measures and performance monitoring.
- Ensuring safe staffing, competencies and skills mix meet the requirements of the service and the Trust
- Produce detailed reports regarding the performance of the service and actions to improve efficiency and effectiveness
- Liaison with stakeholders through effective communication
- Engagement with residents to benchmark outcomes and evaluate resident experience
- Develop, implement and monitor care pathways that ensure highest quality care
- Appraisal and supervision of senior staff
- Monitor and manage risk, taking proactive action to mitigate through local and directorate risk registers
- Participate in the wider NHFT Specialist and Secured Services Governance framework and contribute to strategic planning
The successful candidate will join the Bedfordshire senior team including Yarl’s Wood I.R.C, as well as the wider Secured Services Directorate services. You will report directly to the Head of Specialist and Secured Service Bedfordshire and be accountable to the Assistant Director of Specialist and Secured Services.
NHFT is an award winning Trust recognised as an outstanding provider of health care with consistently exceptional levels of staff satisfaction. We believe in making a difference for you with you, by striving for continual innovation and a collective vision of outstanding, compassionate care. If you hold our PRIDE values of People first, respect and compassion, improving lives, dedication and equality, then The NHFT family would welcome your interest.
Applications from job seekers who require sponsorship to work in the United Kingdom (UK) are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. Please note that from January 2021, to work in the UK all candidates who are not UK or Republic of Ireland (RoI) nationals require sponsorship unless you have permission to work via another route. Non UK / RoI candidates wishing to apply can self-assess the likelihood of obtaining a Certificate of Sponsorship here. It is vital that you provide full and accurate details of your current immigration status on the application form. Overseas applicants applying for entry clearance into the UK must present a criminal record certificate from each country they have resided in continuously or cumulatively for 12 months or more in the past 10 years. Guidance can be found here. Not everyone needs a ‘Skilled Worker’ visa. If you are applying for a vacancy in health or adult social care, check if you’re eligible to apply for the Health and Care Worker visa instead. It’s cheaper to apply for and you do not need to pay the annual immigration health surcharge
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (Exceptions) Order 1975 (Amendment) (England and Wales) Order 2020 and it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Documents to download
Further details / informal visits contact
- Tracey Healey
- Job title
- Head of Secured Services Bedfordshire
- Email address
- Telephone number
- Additional information
Please email in the first instance as I don't always have access to my phone
Need more information?
Contact the Recruitment Team!
Telephone: 01536 452446
Employment Services Department
St Mary's Hospital